[Deadline extended to 21 May 2021]
The “Gender Justice Scholarship” is established and funded by Gender Research Centre (GRC) to give recognition to students who have produced high quality work on gender justice. Prizes will be awarded to 3 best submissions. Prize recipients will receive a monetary award ($2000 HKD) as well as an opportunity to present their work during the “Gender and Social Movements” International Conference organized by the Gender Research Centre in June 2021.
• The prize is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students in Hong Kong.
• Submission should focus on gender justice and collective actions in Hong Kong.
• Students can submit entries in different genres, including academic essay, creative writing (e.g. reflective journal, poetry) and multimedia (e.g. short films, documentary).
• Individual and group submission are permitted. The amount of scholarship would be the same regardless the award is obtained by an individual or a group.
• For academic essay and creative writing, submission should not exceed 20 pages (double line spacing). For multimedia submission, the file should not exceed 15 minutes in length.
• Works that have been previously published or have been accepted for publication are not eligible for the scholarship.
• Applicants are required to receive nomination from at least one teaching staff from a local university. (Nomination form: https://bit.ly/2Lurfoh)
Each submission will be reviewed and assessed according to the following criteria:
• Clarity of explanation
• Convincing evidence if submission is empirical research
• Insights on gender justice and collective actions
• All entries should be emailed to Gender Research Centre at email@example.com by 21 May 2021 (Friday), 5:00pm. Applicants should use “Gender Justice Scholarship Application” as the subject of their email.
• Applicants should attach only files in PDF (for nomination form, academic essay and creative writing) or via a secured URL link (for multimedia).
• Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Sponsor: United College and Chung Chi College, CUHK
For Enquiry, please contact Stephanie Kwok, Research Assistant at the Gender Research Centre. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: 3943 877)